Bulacan is not just a province known for its products and for being the land of heroes, because of its historical contribution, this province also has beautiful destinations to enjoy and experiences to offer. From camping, trekking, hiking, mountain climbing and biking, and even jumping on a cliff! You can experience all that in one destination.
So don’t waste your time and take a jump in discovering the beauty of this province. Who knows? Maybe you will find hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered.
If you’re around Bulacan and you’re finding things to do and a destination to visit then you must get your pen and be sure to take notes of these places:
- Barasoain Church
- The Garden Ciudad de Victoria
- Philippine Arena
- Biak na Bato National Park
- Mount Manalmon
- Big Rock Farm Resort
- Kabayunan View Deck
- San Pascual Baylon Church
- The Secret Haven
- Butterfly Haven
- Museo ng Kasaysayang Pampulitika ng Pilipinas
- Bustos Dam Eco Park
- Tumutulo Falls
Image Source: Gateaway PH
Bulacan is not just known for having lots of resorts and beautiful mountains and caves, it is also known for having lots of historical churches to visit. One of these is the well-known Barasoin Church that’s located in Malolos. Let’s take a trip down memory lane and discover the historical stories behind the said church. If you’re a history lover and these things ring off your curiosity, then you may want to take a visit and learn more about this place.
Barasoain Church is where the inauguration of the First Philippine Congress happened back in 1898 – 1899. And If you want to learn more about its history, you can visit and explore the Museo ng Republika ng 1899 that’s located near the Barasoin church. It is open from Tuesday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Image Source: Wikipedia
Stop for a while in visiting historical places and knowing Philippine history. Let’s take a ride and party in this huge Arena that’s located in Bulacan!
Philippine Arena is said to hold the world’s largest multipurpose indoor arena. It has a maximum of Fifty-Five Thousand (55,000) seating capacity. Just imagine a huge crowd of 55,000 people attending a concert with you! That would surely add to your adrenaline and experience the best concert that you’ve ever attended!
So if you’re a party and concertgoer and love attending such events, you can check the latest concert lineup at Philippine Arena and experience watching it with a huge crowd. This is located at Cuidad de Victoria which is an enterprise zone in Bucaue and Santa Maria, Bulacan.
Image Source: Official: Philippine Arena on Facebook
Speaking of Cuidad de Victoria, just a few blocks from Philippine Arena and you’ll find the Garden Ciudad de Victoria.
If you want to take a stroll or find a romantic place where you can bring your loved ones, this place is perfect for you! This hectares of the land garden is open to the public who wants to take a visit. Beautiful flowers and plants all over the place with the touch of creative designs and structures. A combination of nature and art in one place. Truly, you cannot find a spot that is not worthy of posting on social media, everything is just so beautiful to look at!
This place is open every day from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. You just need to pay an entrance fee to enter and enjoy the beauty of the Garden of Cuidad de Victoria.
Image Source: Two Monkey Travel Group
Are you one of those who love hiking? Or do you want to try it even for once? Then you should visit and try it at Biak na Bato National Park.
Another historical place to visit is located at San Miguel Bulacan. This place is said to be highly preserved by the local municipality of the province because of its ecological importance. In fact, Manuel L. Quezon declares it a National Park because this is where Biak Na Bato Republic was established. One of the main attractions in this park is the cave which serves to be the hiding spot of Emilio Aguinaldo during World War II. Interesting topic to talk about while enjoying the beautiful scenery around the area.
They offer activities too such as hiking trails and cave hopping. You can also visit the waterfalls and enjoy the cold and fresh water it brings. Fun activities to do while learning and discovering the stories behind every spot of this National Park.
Image Source: Ivan Lakwatsero
After visiting the Biak Na Bato National Park you can extend and do another physical activity like mount climbing at Mount Manalmon that’s also located at San Miguel Bulacan.
Many mountain climbers suggested this place for beginners because you can climb the peak of this mountain in just one day or less. It has 197 Meter Above Sea Level which is said to be one of the easiest mountains to climb in the Philippines. So if you’re a beginner and want to explore and try mount climbing but also learn the historical value around it, this is a perfect place for you!
Image Source: TripAdvisor
If you want to just chill and relax after a long and tiring trip, you should book a room at Big Rock Farm Resort.
It is a resort that also has a beautiful farm to roam around. Aside from taking a swim in their swimming pool area, they also offer other fun activities to enjoy such as Sky Circling. They also offer lots of amenities and different types of rooms and cottages to stay in. This place is perfect for a family outing as they have places for kids to enjoy.
Camping and sightseeing at Kabayunan View Deck
Image Source: Never stop wandering to wonder
Want to try something adventurous trip while appreciating the gift of nature? Then you should try camping and sightseeing at Kabayunan View Deck.
You need to trek for an hour and a half to reach the exact location where the Kabayunan View Deck is. It is tiring especially if you’re not really into trekking or this is your first time doing it. But the view of the deck is so beautiful that you will forget all the tiring experiences that you’ve encountered just to be in that place. On the campsite, you can rent a tent or a room to stay in. There are also spots for photographic shots that will capture the beauty of the Kabayunan View Deck.
In camping at Kabayunan View Deck, be sure to bring your own food packs. A portable stove, especially if you plan to stay overnight, will make your camp much easier. Bring extra bedsheets and pillows as well because they don’t have any of them on the campsite.
Dance the Fertility Dance at San Pascual Baylon Church
Image Source: Alamy
In the land of Obando Bulacan, there is a religious belief called Fertility Dance. All the couples that are wanting to be blessed or have offspring need to dance while praying on the feast of the three saints. This form of prayer for couples is also known in other places in the Philippines, in fact, many couples from all other places and countries are trying their luck and dancing the fertility dance.
This feast happens every May 17-19 yearly. If you’re one of those people who’s wanting to have a child and still not having one, you may want to try this with your other half. Who knows maybe it will happen just like all the other couples who said that after attending the feast of the three-saint and dancing fertility dance, God blessed them with a child.
Mountain Biking at Hilltop
Image Source: Hotcore.info
Another physical activity to do in Bulacan is to do mount biking at Hilltop, Norzagaray.
This is a go-to place for many local bikers from places near Bulacan, aside from the fact that Bulacan is just near the metro. The view is also worth visiting. If you’re a biker and finding a destination to visit next, you may want to add the hilltop to your list.
Invite your biker squad and experience the breathtaking view at Norzagaray.
Cliff Jumping at The Secret Haven
Image Source: The Secret Haven Facebook page
The Secret Haven is another place to visit if you want to experience camping. Other campsites are located on the view deck of a mount to climb in, but in this place, the camp is situated on the riverside which makes it different from the others.
Many cottages to rent with different price ranges and amenities. You can also pay for a tour fee wherein you will be visiting a lagoon near the area, a cave, falls, and other tourist spots while riding a balsa. Good for a family outing to enjoy. They also offer a ride for extra charges for the visitors who do not wat to get tired of walking just to get to the campsite.
Image Source: Ispiyang Mandirigma
Aside from the beautiful mountains and natural resources to visit around Bulacan, there are also other places that you can also pay a visit to, and one of those is the Pulilan Butterfly Haven.
Pulilan Butterfly Haven is a butterfly farm that is said to bread different kinds of butterflies and offers a flight area for the butterflies to be taken care of. There are 8 kinds of butterflies that you can spot when you visit the place such as the tree nymphs, lacewings, etc. They also have an ornamental garden and orchidarium that you can also visit. If you’re planning to stay in for a night, they also offer room amenities and have a butterfly-inspired swimming pool area for the guest to use and enjoy.
Image Source: Positively Filipino
If you appreciate the history of the Philippine Government and at the same time love visiting museums, then you should take a visit to Museo ng Kasaysayang Pampulitika ng Pilipinas at Casa Real Shrine in Malolos Bulacan.
This museum is owned and operated by the National Historical Commission of the Philippines and opened its doors to the public in 2021. All the information and artifacts that you will be seeing in this museum are about the government of the Philippines, including all the Presidents that we had and the development of the government over the years. This is to bring awareness about the government system and political history of our country.
Take a Photo at Bustos Dam Eco Park
Image Source: Reddit
Also known as the Angat Afterbay Regulator Dam is the Bustos Dam, often mistaken as the Angat Dam because it is closely located at Angat.
Bustos Dam Eco Park is open for public visits. You can do fishing on the riverside or take a photo shoot on the giant-chess-like spot that many tourists are eying to visit for. When you do an aerial shoot while standing on it, it will look like you’re standing on a chess board.
Have a family outing at Tumutulo Falls
Image Source: Bulakenyo PH
Lastly, you can chill, swim, and relax at the beautiful Tumutulo Falls of Bulacan.
This is just one of the many falls that can be found in the province. The natural water from the falls brings a refreshing feeling to every visitor. Many families and friends are having their outings in this place. It is a place to enjoy while appreciating the natural resources that we are blessed with.
Before entering and going to the Tumutulo Falls, you need to pay an entrance fee per head that is said to be used in preserving the falls and for the locals in the town. You can also ask for a tour guide for an extra fee. In terms of a cottage, you can also rent it for an affordable price or bring your own camping tent that you can use during your stay.
These are just the 14 places to visit and things to do in Bulacan. There are lots more to see and experience in this beautiful province. Take a visit and experience it on your own!
Frequently Ask Questions
What is Bulacan popular for?
Bulacan is a province located in the Central Luzon region of the Philippines. It is popular for several things:
- Historical Sites: Bulacan is known for its rich history and is home to several historical sites such as the Barasoain Church, which is where the first Philippine Republic was established. Other historical sites include the Biak-na-Bato National Park and the Casa Real Shrine.
- Food: Bulacan is also known for its delicious cuisine. It is home to popular Filipino dishes such as the famous “pastillas de leche” (milk candy), “ensaymada” (sweet bread), and “chicharon” (deep-fried pork rinds).
- Festivals: The province is also known for its colorful festivals such as the “Singkaban Festival” and “Kneeling Carabao Festival.” These festivals showcase the culture and traditions of the Bulakeños.
- Industry: Bulacan is a major industrial hub in the Philippines, with numerous industrial parks and manufacturing companies. Some of the industries that thrive in the province include textiles, garments, electronics, and food processing.
- Nature: Bulacan is also home to several natural attractions such as the Angat Dam and the Biak-na-Bato National Park. These destinations offer opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and swimming.
Why Bulacan is the best place to visit?
- Historical Significance: Bulacan is known for its rich history, as it played a significant role in the country’s struggle for independence. It is home to several historical sites such as the Barasoain Church, which is where the first Philippine Republic was established.
- Delicious Cuisine: Bulacan is famous for its mouth-watering delicacies such as pastillas de leche, ensaymada, and chicharon. Visitors can experience the province’s culinary delights by visiting local restaurants and food establishments.
- Festivals: Bulacan is known for its colorful festivals, which showcase the culture and traditions of the Bulakeños. Visitors can immerse themselves in the province’s vibrant celebrations by attending festivals such as the Singkaban Festival and the Kneeling Carabao Festival.
- Natural Beauty: Bulacan is home to several natural attractions such as the Angat Dam and the Biak-na-Bato National Park. These destinations offer opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and swimming.
- Accessible Location: Bulacan is conveniently located near Metro Manila, making it easily accessible to visitors. It is a perfect destination for a quick weekend getaway or day trip.
Overall, Bulacan offers a unique blend of history, culture, cuisine, and natural beauty, making it an ideal destination for anyone looking to explore the Philippines.
Where can I take my kids in Bulacan?
- Adventure Resort: The Adventure Resort in Norzagaray is a great place for kids to enjoy outdoor activities such as zip-lining, wall climbing, and camping.
- Biak-na-Bato National Park: This national park offers a great opportunity for kids to explore nature and learn about the country’s history. There are caves to explore and historical sites to visit, such as the Aguinaldo Cave, where General Emilio Aguinaldo once took refuge.
- Fun Ranch: Located in the city of Sta. Maria, Fun Ranch is an indoor amusement park that offers a variety of rides and games for kids. There is also a play area and a food court.
- Philippine Arena: The Philippine Arena in Bocaue is one of the world’s largest indoor arenas and is a great place for kids to watch concerts, sports events, and other performances.
These are just a few of the many kid-friendly attractions in Bulacan. With its rich history, natural beauty, and modern amenities, there is sure to be something for every family to enjoy.
Many cuisines from our colonizer are adapted and influence the taste of Bulakenyo.
If you’re planning to have a vacation to the famous province of central Luzon, be sure to find a perfect spot for you to eat their delicious heritage cuisines.
Did you know that you don’t actually need to travel hours to hours, just to feel the warmth of Central Luzon’s famous land? Having these delicious delicacies, bread and pastries products, tasty treats, and even their most famous fireworks and gowns, you will surely feel that you have already visited the town.
Truly, there is a lot more to discover and experience in this place dubbed as the land of heroes. So in this blog, we will tell you our top 10 picks of the Best Hotels in Bulacan, each with its unique features, some tips, and photos for your reference.
About the Author
She loves traveling with her friends…and soon on her own. Coffee is her first love and dreams to taste every coffee in the world.
Our itinerary is designed to make your travel planning a breeze, whether you’re planning a solo adventure, a romantic getaway, or a family vacation.
- Includes all the essential details you need to make your trip a success. From flights and accommodations to activities and dining options, we’ve got you covered. We’ve handpicked the best experiences and hidden gems to ensure that you have an unforgettable trip.
- Fully customizable, so you can add or remove activities and make changes as needed to suit your preferences. We also provide helpful tips and recommendations to help you make the most of your time at each destination.
- Our itinerary is available in both digital and print formats, making it easy to access and share with your travel companions. With our itinerary, you’ll have everything you need to make your trip stress-free and enjoyable.