Mayon Loop Adventure
Travel all over Albay by going on a loop from Legazpi City (2nd District), passing through Sto Domingo to Tabaco (1st District) to Ligao- Guinobatan (3rd District) to Camalig and Daraga going back to Legazpi City. We call it the Mayon loop itinerary
- Activities 85% 85%
- Food 90% 90%
- Destinations and Sight Seeing 100% 100%
- Accomodation 85% 85%
- Transportation 80% 80%
This itinerary will surely satisfy your craving for adventure, taste and one of a kind experience.
Best Food and Drink
From the name itself “Bicol Express”, this dish is the most popular cuisine in Bicol Region.
It is natively known as “Sinilihan” because it is made with lots of long chilies that will make you think it is the only main ingredient. Actually, it is made with pork, “balaw” or shrimp paste, and “gata” or coconut milk.
Sili Ice Cream
1st Colonial Grill is the one who popularized it together with their other Bicolano-Flavored Ice cream. But as far as we know, it is Small Talk who first invented hot ice cream and they call it Lava Ice cream. Now, chili ice cream is also offered by a few other stores in Bicol, particularly in Daraga Albay.
- 7 AM to 8 AM- Breakfast at Biggs Albay. Try a heavy breakfast with their Bicolano meals
- 8 AM- 10:30 AM- Travel Time from Albay to Sagnay; Stopover Hearty Harvest Cafe and buy some local snacks (we recommend suman and binutong together with their delicious hot choco.
- 10:30 AM to 12 noon- Travel time from Sagnay to Iriga (you can travel thru Pili road, which is less travel time, or Iriga city proper- more travel time but a great view); Stopover at Kanamu Lokal and Nana’s Halo Halo. Their halo-halo there is so refreshing and creamy. Highly recommended
- 1 PM to 2:30 PM- Travel time from Iriga City to Ligao; Stop over at Ligao and Guinobatan boundary. You will find lots of puto Ligao vendors alongside the street. Puto Ligao is a local freshly steamed puto that you will surely enjoy because of its sticky rice and makapuno fillings. Yummy!
- 2:30 PM to 4 PM- Ligao to Legazpi travel. You can stop over at Legazpi Boulevard. During this time, there are lots of joggers at the seaside you can enjoy the view of Mayon and the sea altogether.
- Dinner- While you are on Legazpi Boulevard, you can just choose among the restaurants there in the seaside area. We recommend Zoey’s though.
- 8 AM- 9 AM- .-Breakfast at Pares Queen. Travel time from Legazpi to Sula Bridge and Misibis Park
- 9 AM to 10 AM- – Go to Misibis park (the roadtrip here is great). Visit Mirisbiris Nature Park at Salvacion Sto Domingo Albay. Take a picture of Sto Domingo church. Buy some kakanin at the market (Sto Domingo is famous for “linanggang” or kakanin which is good for snacks
- 10 AM- 12 Noon- Travel time from Sto Domingo to Bacacay. Visit Casa Simeon and enjoy the feels of an old Spanish house. Their baduya and churos is yummy too. Take a picture of the Bacacay church. Visit and eat lunch at Ka Juan. Their bagnet and pork bbq are amazingly good. Go to Bacacay market and ask where you can find the Karagumoy products that Bacacay is famous for. Try to visit also the famous black sand beaches of Bacacay (Sogod or Panarayon beach)
- 1 PM to 2:00 PM- Travel time from Bacacay to Malilipot. Visit Malilipot church. Visit the Sola store at centro Malilipot wherein you can find a lot of Abaca products for pasalubong
- 2 PM- 3 PM- Travel time from Malilipot to Tabaco. Visit the Tabaco church. Visit the Tabaco market and you can find there lots of “tabak” products – bolo-type products that Tabaco is famous for.
- 3 PM- 4 PM- Travel time from Tabaco to Malinao and Tiwi. – Visit the famous Vera Falls of Malinao Albay. In Tiwi, you can visit some pottery stores. Tiwi is famous for quality products made of clay. Visit the Tiwi church. If you still have time, try to visit the Joroan church- this is a famous pilgrim church in Albay. Merienda at famous DJC Halo Halo original s restaurant.
- 4 PM to 5:30 PM- Travel back to Legazpi
- Dinner- Visit Colonial Grill and try their Sili Ice Cream for dessert
- 7 AM- Breakfast at Jollikod- this is a famous most affordable meal for students located at the back of Jollibee Albay.
- 8 AM- 10 AM- Legazpi to Daraga to Camalig travel. Visit Cagsawa ruins. Try to enjoy the ATV rides at the foot of Mayon volcano. There are a lot of ATV places there that you can choose from. Visit Sumlang lake. Try to take a picture of Mayon volcano’s scenic view at Camalig bypass road. Buy some pinangat at centro Camalig. There are a lot of restaurants there with pinangat and tinilmukan that you can choose from. Visit Hoyop Hoyopan cave
- 10 AM to 12 Noon- Travel from Camalig to Guinobatan to Ligao. Visit Guinobatan church and check out their famous mani street vendor just near the church. Guinobatan is also famous for its Guinobatan longganisa, you can check it out too near the market. – Visit Kawa Kawa Hills and Bamboo Setum at Ligao City. Lunch at Kuyang’s Restaurant
- 1 PM- 3 PM- Travel from Ligao to Oas. – Road trip to Oas coastal places. You can try to visit one of the beach resorts there with white sand.
- 3 PM- 4 PM- Travel from Oas to Polangui. – Buy some pasalubong products located on the streets of Polangui city- they have famous wood products there.
- 4 PM to 5:30 PM- Travel time from Polangui to Daraga. For your final stop, visit Farmview, just to get the feel of idyllic province life.
- Dinner- Visit Magma located at Daraga Albay. Their grilled fish and coffee are great!
Guides and Tips
Bicol Region is one of the best places to visit in the Philippines. It is known for a lot of things. Beautiful beaches, awesome food, gorgeous...
Bicol is a must-see destination if you're planning a trip to the Philippines. The Bicol region is known for its warm, welcoming people and its rich...
If you are planning to have a vacation around Bicol Region, you must not forget to include Legazpi City in your itinerary. Seated at the capital of...
Our itinerary is designed to make your travel planning a breeze, whether you’re planning a solo adventure, a romantic getaway, or a family vacation.
- Includes all the essential details you need to make your trip a success. From flights and accommodations to activities and dining options, we’ve got you covered. We’ve handpicked the best experiences and hidden gems to ensure that you have an unforgettable trip.
- Fully customizable, so you can add or remove activities and make changes as needed to suit your preferences. We also provide helpful tips and recommendations to help you make the most of your time at each destination.
- Our itinerary is available in both digital and print formats, making it easy to access and share with your travel companions. With our itinerary, you’ll have everything you need to make your trip stress-free and enjoyable.